The city of Pittsburgh is going to be rocking tomorrow night. The atmosphere is going to be something that this city has never seen, well, at least something PNC Park has never seen.
The Pirates have earned home field advantage for the first round of the playoffs. This game is going to be pretty much a play-in game. Win and move on, lose and you're going home. They will be taking on the Cincinnati Reds, which they just came off a sweep of the beaten up Reds.
I couldn't be more excited as a Pittsburgh Sports fan. This is the first time in my life that I will get to experience post season baseball in the city. I am such a big baseball fan and have played baseball my entire life, to have to cheer on a losing team has been terrible, and that stops now. Pittsburgh has done some amazing things this year. Getting to the post season is just another step to the grand prize, the World Series.
I don't know where I will be, or where I will be watching the game, but I do know that there will be a beer in my hand and the game will be on.
Let's "Raise the Jolly Roger" tomorrow night in Pittsburgh!!

How exciting is this! This will be the first time that a lot of us will experience play off baseball. Even if your not into baseball this is a great time for the city, even with the black cloud of the current Steelers season hanging over us! Looking forward to your posts and coverage of the playoffs.
ReplyDelete