Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Its Official!!

The Pirates have landed their selves a guaranteed playoff spot! Last night in heroic fashion, the Buccos clinched a playoff birth with a dramatic 2-1 win over the Chicago Cubs. The Pirates have 2 more games against the Cubs, which are almost "must win" games, if they want to have any shot at winning the division.

This win marks the first time in the past 20 years that the Pirates have made the playoffs. This is the first time that I can ever remember them making the playoffs, I was too young to remember the games in the early 90's.

Last night was really something special to me, watching the Pirates celebrate in the clubhouse was one thing I will never forget. Baseball is my passion and to have a hometown team be terrible for my entire life, has been miserable. Now I can finally watch the Pirates in the Postseason.

The Cards have a 2 game lead over the Pirates, the Buccos almost need to win out to have a shot at first place. They play 2 more against the Cubs and then play in Cincy over the weekend. Those games in Cincy, no doubtedly, will decide which team will get the first and second wild card.




 (In this picture, Starling Marte hits a game winning home-run against the Cubs last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment