Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nothing is guaranteed

Today marks the first day in the past 20 years that you as a fan, are able to buy playoff tickets for the hometown Pittsburgh Pirates. But, there is a chance that you may get your money back as a refund.

Right now, the Buccos aren't playing the best baseball possible. In fact, they are slowing losing ground on their first place bid. Not only are they losing a shot at first place, but the wild card as well. They are playing the San Diego Padres in a 4 game set, they lost the first 2. The Washington Nationals are on a roll right now and so are the Reds. Those 2 teams are the ones vouching for the 3rd place wild card, but if the Pirates keep losing games they will be the odd team out and not earn a playoff spot (wild card).

Pay attention to the Buccos over the next several days, as they have a big 3 game series at home against the Cincinnati Reds. They need to stay ahead of the Reds to have any chance of having a good outlook over the next week.

On another note, the Steelers look like they could possibly have the worst team in recent memory. The offense can't move the ball down the field, the defense is playing stellar, like normal. You cant win games if you don't have an offense though, and right now the Steelers have arguably the worst offense in the league.

Where is the bright spot in the city of Pittsburgh? Hopefully we can look forward to the Penguins starting in a few weeks. They start out the season as a Stanley Cup favorite.
 

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you talked about the pirates season right now, also how you touched on the other hometown teams as well. I do agree with you that the Steelers have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just talking about this this morning at work. The Pirates were doing so good! What happened?! Granted, I don’t watch much baseball, but having family and friends that are really into it I keep up with what’s going on. I’ll be visiting your site often so I can keep up conversation with them. And I’m with you on the Penguins. I never understood hockey but my boyfriend plays so over the past year I’ve come to learn more about it. Hopefully they can make it to the Cup this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design of your blog..It fits well with the Pittsburgh sports theme!

    ReplyDelete